The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later

World Three suicide bombers kill 18 in Nigeria's Maiduguri -police

11:55  17 february  2018
11:55  17 february  2018 Source:   reuters.com

Boko Haram extremists release 13 hostages to Nigeria

  Boko Haram extremists release 13 hostages to Nigeria <p>Nigeria's government says Boko Haram extremists have released three university lecturers and 10 women who had been kidnapped in separate raids last year.</p>Presidential spokesman Garba Shehu said Saturday the release of the 13 people follows negotiations directed by President Muhammadu Buhari and facilitated by the International Committee of the Red Cross. It said the 13 are now in the custody of the Department of State Security Services in Abuja.

MAIDUGURI , Nigeria (Reuters) - Suspected suicide bombers killed at least 12 people and injured 26 “ Three suicide bomber infiltrated a settlement called Mashimari, in Konduga Local Government,” said Ahmed Satomi, chairman of Borno’ s State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).

The National Emergency Management Agency has confirmed the death of three suicide bombers at Muna area of Maiduguri in an attempt to infiltrate the town on Friday. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that four powerful explosions occurred between 9: 00 and 9: 30 pm

a close up of a building: An aerial view of Maiduguri, Nigeria as dry season nears © REUTERS/Paul Carsten An aerial view of Maiduguri, Nigeria as dry season nears

Three suicide bombers killed 18 people in the northeast Nigerian city of Maiduguri, capital of the state worst hit by the Boko Haram insurgency, its police commissioner said on Saturday.

Nobody has claimed responsibility for the attack but the use of suicide bombers in crowded areas is a hallmark of the Islamist militant group, which has killed more that 20,000 people since 2009 and forced over two million to flee their homes.

Damian Chukwu, police commissioner for Borno state, said the attack took place at a fish market around 20 kilometres (12 miles) from the centre of Maiduguri at about 8:00 p.m. (1900 GMT) on Friday.

Court Orders New Murder Trial for Man Who Claimed Wife Died by Suicide

  Court Orders New Murder Trial for Man Who Claimed Wife Died by Suicide Komasquin Lopez is serving a 16-to-life sentence for the murder of wife Shannon Lopez, but that might change after the Utah Supreme Court ordered a new trial in his case. He is getting a new chance to argue his wife died by suicide because justices ruled that the conviction in part stood on unreliable expert testimony. The Court also found that the trial court erred in allowing evidence of prior bad acts including that Lopez allegedly pointed a gun at Shannon Lopez in previous incident, and also at his ex-wife in separate incidents.Here’s the defense side of the case, as explained in the ruling.

after four suicide bombers struck in the regional capital of Maiduguri in northeast Nigeria , rescue “The total people who died in these four suicide bombings is 14, 18 including the bombers ,” he told AFP. On Friday, at least three Nigerian soldiers and a militiaman were killed and ten other soldiers

after four suicide bombers struck in the regional capital of Maiduguri in northeast Nigeria , rescue “The total people who died in these four suicide bombings is 14, 18 including the bombers ,” he told AFP. On Friday, at least three Nigerian soldiers and a militiaman were killed and ten other soldiers

"The three suicide bombers were killed and 18 other persons died. Twenty-two people were injured," said Chukwu.

Suicide bombings have continued despite repeated assertions by the government and the military since 2016 to have defeated the Boko Haram insurgency, which aims to create an Islamic state in Nigeria's northeast.

President Muhammadu Buhari took office in 2015 with a promise to improve security for ordinary Nigerians.

But in addition to the jihadist insurgency, communal violence has plagued swathes of the country in the last few months, including a clash on Thursday that killed 18.

(Reporting by Lanre Ola and Ahmed Kingimi; Writing by Alexis Akwagyiram; editing by John Stonestreet)

Police launch investigation into deaths of 2 Ohio teens found in wooded area .
Authorities in Ohio launched an investigation Saturday into the shooting deaths of two teens found in a wooded area. Authorities in Ohio launched an investigation Saturday into the shooting deaths of two teens found with gunshot wounds to their heads in a wooded area.Lauren Kaufman and Mason Brown were located by a police officer conducting a welfare check, Jackson Township police said.Kaufman, 16, was pronounced dead at the scene and Brown, 17, died in a hospital early Saturday, authorities said. Police found a handgun at the scene.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!