Style This Thrifty Royal Wore a Nearly 40-Year-Old Outfit to Church with the Queen
A Collection of Four New ‘Game of Thrones’ Beers Set for 2018 Release
<p>Including this series, Brewery Ommegang will have released 13 GoT beers in total.</p>Though writing for George R. R. Martin’s book series A Song of Ice and Fire has slowed to a crawl, everything else about the Game of Thrones franchise it inspired has continued unabated. The TV show is already forging ahead to its conclusion, promising an eighth and final season in the next year or so. The series has released wines and cooking accessories. And the Game of Thrones beers have continued to flow as well.
When the royal family turned out in force for aat Westminster Abbey on Monday, all eyes were on and how she would fare – and what she’d wear to her first official engagement alongside .
The Queen Is Hiring an Assistant Chef to Work at Buckingham Palace
<p>The salary for the position will probably shock you.</p>For many chefs it would be a dream come true—and one of the most prestigious positions he or she could ever hope to fill: A cook in the kitchen at Buckingham Palace, preparing meals for Queen Elizabeth II herself. And for one lucky cook, that fantasy could become a reality. Buckingham Palace is currently hiring a Demi Chef de Partie.
But it was the outfit of thriftythat has set sartorial-conscious tongues wagging – because it could be as many as 40 years old!
At the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey, Anne, 67, was seen in a cream and navy outfit that she first wore in the late ’70s or early ’80s, according to expert Joe Little. She even sported similar accessories (pearl earrings, brooch, gloves and navy bag) — not to mention the same hairstyle!
In a tweet, @RoyalReporter paid tribute to the eagle-eyed editor.
Meghan wore an £895 coat yesterday, Kate a £650 one but hat tip to Joe Little, who spotted thrifty Princess Anne was wearing an ensemble he thinks dates back to the late 1970s. In today’s Daily Express we have a pic of her in it at the Derby in 1985.
Medieval Times Finally Crowned A Queen
We've seen the likes of Cercei, Daenerys, Elizabeth, and Victoria take over as the queens of pop culture in recent years. At last, it looks like the ladies are also stepping onto the throne in another medium: At all nine Medieval Times chains across the continent these days, audiences are finally watching a queen reign over the arena for the first time in the company's 34 year history.“It’s always important to give little girls a positive role model,” Allyssa O’Donnell one of the actresses who plays Queen Dona Maria Isabella at the Medieval Times in Schaumburg, IL, told the Chicago Tribune.— Richard Palmer (@RoyalReporter)
This isn’t Anne’s first royal rewear. In 2015, shethat she was previously seen wearing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace in 1980.
The Queen’s only daughter is known for herto life and her public work. Anne is most comfortable outdoors, as an experienced equestrian, and hosts the Festival of British Eventing on the grounds of her home, Gatcombe Park, ever year. She even to her Olympic silver medal-winning daughter, , who is currently .
Related: See the Cast of The Crown Side-by-Side with the Historical Figures They Play in the Series
- picked up a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in the early years of her reign (and those just before she wore the crown). However, she'll only play Britain's longest-reigning monarch for the show's first two seasons." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-1-of-11-p-foy-a-href-http-people-com-tv-how-does-claire-foy-feel-about-queen-elizabeth-ii-watc_443135_.jpg" title="Foy picked up a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in the early years of her reign... - Netflix; Getty" />
- Prince Philip." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-2-of-11-p-like-his-on-screen-wife-doctor-who-alum-smith-will-only-appear-in-the-crowns-first-a_706920_.img" title="Like his on-screen wife, Doctor Who alum Smith will only appear in The Crown's first and second seas... - Netflix; Popperfoto/Getty" />
MATT SMITH AS PRINCE PHILIP
- Princess Margaret, who pursues a relationship with the divorced Captain Peter Townsend in season one before meeting her eventual husband, photographer Antony Armstrong-Jones, in season two." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-3-of-11-p-kirby-plays-the-glamorous-romantically-risky-a-href-http-people-com-royals-royal-sis_410667_.jpg" title="Kirby plays the glamorous, romantically risky Princess Margaret, who pursues a relationship with the... - Netflix; J. Davies/Hulton Archive/Getty" />
VANESSA KIRBY AS PRINCESS MARGARET
- the Queen Mother. This isn't her first time in a royal-inspired production: She also played Queen Victoria in the 2001 television movie Victoria & Albert." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-4-of-11-p-hamilton-plays-the-elder-queen-elizabeth-also-known-as-a-href-http-people-com-royals_626817_.jpg" title="Hamilton plays the elder Queen Elizabeth — also known as the Queen Mother. This isn't her first time... - Netflix; Hulton-Deutsch/Hulton-Deutsch Collection/Corbis/Getty" />
VICTORIA HAMILTON AS THE QUEEN MOTHER
- won an Emmy and was nominated for a Golden Globe for the role." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-5-of-11-p-as-churchill-is-no-longer-prime-minister-in-the-crowns-current-timeline-lithgow-wont_976145_.jpg" title="As Churchill is no longer Prime Minister in The Crown's current timeline, Lithgow won't appear in th... - Netflix; Evening Standard/Getty" />
JOHN LITHGOW AS WINSTON CHURCHILL
- ill-fated love affair with Princess Margaret in the first season of the show." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-6-of-11-p-miless-character-military-hero-captain-peter-townsend-embarks-on-an-a-href-http-peop_235000_.jpg" title="Miles's character, military hero Captain Peter Townsend, embarks on an ill-fated love affair with Pr... - Netflix; Central Press/Getty" />
BEN MILES AS PETER TOWNSEND
MATTHEW GOODE AS ANTONY ARMSTRONG-JONES
JEREMY NORTHAM AS ANTHONY EDEN
- he dies, making way for his elder daughter's ascension." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-9-of-11-p-harriss-character-queen-elizabeths-father-only-appears-in-the-first-half-of-the-firs_641705_.jpg" title="Harris's character, Queen Elizabeth's father, only appears in the first half of the first season bef... - Netflix; Lisa Sheridan/Studio Lisa/Getty" />
JARED HARRIS AS KING GEORGE VI
- King Edward VIII (also known as the Duke of Windsor), Jennings pops up multiple times throughout the show's first season, particularly with the deaths of his brother and mother." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-10-of-11-p-as-the-disgraced-and-exiled-a-href-http-people-com-royals-rare-photos-of-king-edwar_504031_.jpg" title="As the disgraced and exiled King Edward VIII (also known as the Duke of Windsor), Jennings pops up m... - Central Press/Getty" />
ALEX JENNINGS AS KING EDWARD VIII
- Simpson, a divorced woman whom Parliament would not allow him to marry. The controversial figure is played by Williams in The Crown." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/03/13/slide-11-of-11-p-edward-viii-abdicated-the-throne-over-his-love-for-a-href-http-people-com-royals-6-_337002_.img" title="Edward VIII abdicated the throne over his love for Simpson, a divorced woman whom Parliament would n... - Netflix; Fayer/Getty" />
LIA WILLIAMS AS WALLIS SIMPSON
We Got All the Details on Meghan Wedding Tiara .
Gonna go ahead and place our bets on the Strathmore Rose.The thing is, the royals have a plethora of tiaras for Meghan to choose from, so we spoke with expert Grant Mobley - renowned gemologist and Director at Pluczenik, one of the world’s leading diamantaires - to find out which piece Meghan is most likely to pick.
Thrifty Princess Anne wore a nearly 40-year-old outfit to church with the Queen
Princess Anne shows off her thrifty side as she wears cream and navy jacket from 1980s for the seventh time. When the royal family turned out in force for a special ceremony at Westminster...
Watch Bride Say 'I Do' Wearing Family's 120-Year-Old Wedding Dress
Abby Kingston became the 11th member of her family to walk down the aisle in a Victorian gown and INSIDE EDITION was there to see it.
Monday, 05 march 2018
Jennifer Garner's long-time stylist Adir Abergel gave Allure a behind-the-scenes look at the actor's voluminous hairstyle for the 2018 Oscars.Jennifer Garner's voluminous hairstyle for the 2018 Oscars may look like the big, bouncy blowouts we've seen on the red carpet for what […]
Wednesday, 14 march 2018
Helen Mirren’s red carpet style is chic, classy and all her own. In just the past few weeks, the 72-year-old star of Leisure Seeker showed off her signature elegant fashion sense in custom Reem Acra and more than $3.8 million worth of Harry Winston jewels at the Oscars, made a […]
Monday, 12 march 2018
The bride-to-be overlooked an important detail on her J. Crew coat during an appearance with Prince Harry.Markle's $298 J. Crew coat matched perfectly with Harry's navy outfit, but the Daily Mail pointed out a detail that completely changed the fit of her […]
Thursday, 15 march 2018
Meghan’s chic style comes with a hefty price tag. When she stepped out at Westminster Abbey with fiancé Prince Harry for her first official duty alongside Queen Elizabeth on Monday, Meghan Markle’s $1,000 white coat from British designer Amanda Wakeley turned […]
Tuesday, 13 march 2018
Is this it for Meghan Markle's bending of royal rules? As we previously reported, Queen Elizabeth has a fairly constricting fashion rule for all royal females: They're expected to wear tights during public […]
Thursday, 22 march 2018
"Beauty matching" has couples getting plastic surgery in tandem — sometimes, even to look like each other. Here, plastic surgeons weigh in on the trend.Beauty matching has two different interpretations. Most of the time, surgeons say the trend is pretty much as Few describes — […]
Tuesday, 20 march 2018
Scrunchies make the best souvenirs.Related gallery: Scrunchies Are Officially Making a […]
Tuesday, 13 march 2018
Selena Gomez joined the Coach brand as an ambassador in December 2016.Selena Gomez joined the Coach brand as an ambassador in December 2016 and ever since she’s been hard at work posing in campaigns, designing handbags and lending her star power to the brand’s charitable organizations. […]